OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Wednesday, June 2

The Four Year Old Game Plan, part 2

When I was writing the first post I was going by days and since Bible and Music don't have their own day, I forgot them. Bible we do every day and Music is just when K. is in the mood.

Bible
  • Memorizing the verses for the Wordless Book; after the verses are memorized we will work on the dialogue that goes with them. An idea that I really like to go with the presentation is nesting cans spray painted the corresponding colors. There was a website where you could purchase them, but I'm working on collecting appropriate cans.
    • Romans 3:23 - black page
    • 1 John 1:7b - red page
    • Psalm 51:7 - white page
    • John 14:2 - gold page
    • 2 Peter 3:18 - green page
  • Reading Little Visits with Jesus by Mary Manz Simon with corresponding Scripture.
  • Reading lots of Bible Stories
  • Acting out Bible stories. Some of K.'s favorites to act out are Mary and Martha, David and Goliath (which sounds simple to do with 2 people, but you need David's father and brothers, and King Saul), the Ten Plagues and Crossing the Red Sea, and Jesus bringing the little girl back to life.
Music
  • Understanding that each note on the page has a name and each key on the piano has a name and they correspond to each other.
  • Sing, sing, and sing some more!

1 comment:

  1. The wordless book! Who would have thought that could be a whole Bible course. What a great idea!

    Have you ever seen the wordless bag? Similar concept, but it's a bag that keeps reversing itself into different colors. I was at a local vendor event and some ladies were using it as a witnessing tool to attract the attention of children, teens, and even adults. I don't know where to buy them, but their pretty neat to see.

    ReplyDelete