OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, November 12

Kindergarten, Writing, Week 41

Practice "Sentence": And talk of God who cares for me.
  • I thought K. would need 2 lines to write it, but she wanted to write it on 1 line. The first day "for me" was really squished. But she learned to write everything skinnier so it would all fit nicely on the line.
Small Muscle Development:
  • Activity: Say It With Pictures, see Writing, Week 9 for instructions
    • Our theme was Thanksgiving
Story Development:
  • Activity: Strange Sentences, from Games for Writing -- this game gives children the opportunity to compose nonsensical sentences while helping them understand the grammatical anatomy of common sentences.
    • You'll Need: a Strange Sentences Chart, and a Spinner with numbers 1 - 6, paper, pencil
      • In the book are charts with sentences broken up into pieces (Who/What, Did What, Where, When, and Punctuation). Each chart has six sentences.
    • How to Play:
      • Have your child flick the spinner.
      • It it lands on 3, then you take the Who/What from sentence number three.
      • Spin again.
      • What ever number it lands on, you take the Did What from that sentence.
      • Continue spinning a getting the sentence parts until you have the complete sentence.
      • Let your child illustrate the sentence and tell you a story about it.
    • Our sentence was: My cat lost a part in the barn during lunch!
Writing Practice:
  • Activity: Traveling Words, see Writing, Week 28 for instructions
    • The shape to write on was an autumn leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment