OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, October 26

Evaluation of Second Grade, Set Six

  • Bible -- We completed the lessons in Searching for Treasure. K. has really enjoyed these lessons and I think we will have fun reviewing with the board game in the next set.
  • Math -- K. has a good grip on her addition and subtraction facts. She really enjoys the map book and wants to work in it more than once a week. Her multiplication and division facts are coming along fine.
  • Reading -- K. reads well, and is really very good about stopping when she comes to a word that she does not know the definition and asking about it. Sometimes I tell her and sometimes we look it up in the dictionary.
  • Grammar -- I know K. is learning and understanding the concepts because she brings them up at other times.
  • Fine Arts -- K. likes to play the piano by ear, but is learning about the notes. She is enjoying the sewing projects.
  • Writing -- K. enjoys most of the projects and games we play.
  • Spelling -- K. is doing well with alphabetizing and dictionary skills. Her spelling is good.
  • Science -- K. has enjoyed the experiments. Yesterday we were on a hike and part of it went up a hill. The trail zig-zagged back and forth. I asked her what she noticed about the trail. She was able to tell me it was a ramp and the zig-zag made it easier to climb.
  • History -- The other day I came upon K. telling her aunt about Louis XIV and his palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment