OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, October 25

Third Grade, Bible, Set Six

Hymns:
  • Give of Your Best to the Master
  • Now I Belong to Jesus
  • Tell Me the Story of Jesus
Bible Memory
  • we used the Verse Strips to review a passage each day during this set of weeks
Games
  • I found the book, Games for Bible Discovery, by Monte Corley and Roy Nichols. I made some of the games to help us review facts about Moses, Abraham, and other Bible stories.
  • We played Bible Order, which is like Rack-O, but with the books of the Bible. This is a very old game, and I don't think it is available anywhere, but if you have Rack-O stands, you can make cards with the names of the books of the Bible on them.
Catechism
  • Learned #44, 45, 46
  • Reviewed catechism each week
Prayer:
  • Countries/Peoples
    • Garifuna
    • Gonds
    • Greece
    • Greenland
    • Guinea-Bissau
Read-Aloud
  • Short and Sweet by Katherine Loop
  • Other books from our "Bible Shelf"
The Princess and The Kiss
  • Lesson 21 in Life Lessons -- God wants you to pass on a godly heritage.
    • The activity we did was to trace around one of our feet and then to write names of people we know who follow Jesus. People we can look to as good examples to follow. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment