OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Wednesday, April 6

Embracing His Instructions - February, 2016

We have just completed the first week of our new school year. (Fifth grade. Where does the time go?) We had a lovely first day. On day two, however, K. became belligerent during Bible and then decided she was not going to do her math. This was not the way I had planned my day.

I am being reminded in Sarah Mackenzie's book, Teaching From Rest, that "whatever that intrusion into your grand plan for the day is, it's also an opportunity to enter into rest."

I should not expect the day to go as I have planned. I should expect that we will experience struggles with her studies and antagonistic attitudes, after all, I am teaching K. new things and we are both sinful humans.

When things don't go as I have planned, it isn't a stumbling block in the schedule, it is God imparting the instructions for the day.

When I embrace those instructions, knowing we are right where He wants us, I experience unshakable peace (rest), and am able to give K. the love she needs and guide her with grace.

However, when I fight His instructions, bulldozing over my daughter to get to my grand plan so I can check off the lessons for the day, I crush her spirit and miss teachable moments. After all, God does not ask me to check off everything on my to-do list. He asks me to be faithful.

I pray you will embrace His instructions for you and each of your school days and experience His unshakable peace as you are faithful to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment