OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Monday, April 28

Third Grade, Writing, Set Two

We are continuing with learning the lower case cursive letters. In Set One, cursive seemed to be really hard for K., but now she is doing much better and really enjoying it. We did an activity all but one week.

Writing Project
The goal of the writing project during this set was for K. to write the ending of a fairy tale. Below is the process we went through to get to that point. We took two weeks to accomplish step 1 and two weeks for step 2. We only worked on this one day a week.
  1. I read an entire fairy tale to K. (The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood) and we filled out a work page with the
    • Protagonist
    • Antagonist
    • Setting
    • Problem
    • Events
    • Solution
    • Supporting Characters
  2. I read most of a fairy tale to K. (A Gift from the Heart) -- enough so she could fill out everything except the "solution".
  3. K. wrote her ending to the fairy tale.
  4. I read the ending from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment