OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Sunday, January 17

Doing Irrational Things - October, 2015

Last night while we were doing the dishes, Kim asked if we could "keep listening to the tape of that lady." I had started listening to a series of cassette tapes from a Sally Clarkson conference. I was rather surprised, but pleased that she was interested in listening to Sally talking about godly motherhood.

One thing Sally said on that tape was, "Faith is what ignites us to be able to do irrational things."

How many things are you going to do today that, from the world's view, are irrational?

  • homeschool
  • care for aged parents
  • disciple our children 24/7
  • live on one income
  • honor our spouse
  • I'm sure you could add to the list.
Why do we do these irrational things? Because we have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe, Who tells me that He will
  • equip me for the tasks of each day
  • faithfully supply our needs
  • provide me with the strength for each day
  • impart His wisdom to me
  • show me new mercies every morning
  • make my labor not be in vain
and, by faith, I believe Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment