OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Friday, July 2

Calendar

When K. was 2 she started asking about when things would happen, so I decided it was time to introduce the calendar. I made a two-week calendar form and put it on the bulletin board in our dining room. I labeled the days of the week and used clip art for pictures and symbols for events -- church, Cubbies, park day, grocery shopping, birthdays, sisters visiting, etc. -- and covered them with clear contact to make them last. With the two-week calendar we had the concept of what was happening this week and next week. Then on Sunday, the events that were "next week" got moved up to "this week". I also made a sun, with the center cut out to move from day to day to show which day it was. We used this for almost 2 years.

Now we use the family calendar and just put up special events (not weekly the weekly ones of church, Bible Study, groceries as she now understands what day those things happen). We use an orange highlighter to draw pictures of these events and to circle the number of the current day. I chose a highlighter because any writing on the calendar (birthdays, dr's appointments, etc.) will still show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment