OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, July 23

Kindergarten, History, Week 25

This week:
  • I read chapter 23 of Child's History (Rome Kicks Out Her Kings)
    • There were poor people and wealthy people, and only the wealthy could vote
    • At last the poor people were given the right to vote
    • King Tarquin took that right away and the poor people drove him out of the city
    • Then the Romans elected two meed each year to be the rulers
  • We looked at pages 48, 49, 52, 53 in Ancient World
  • I read chapter 24 of Child's History (Greece vs. Persia)
    • vs. stands for verses, which means against
    • vocabulary: fleet
    • King Darius of Persia wanted each Greek city to send him some earth and water as a sign that they would give him their land
    • Athens and Sparta said, "NO" and threw the messengers into wells.
    • Persia came to attack Athens, Sparta wouldn't come because it wasn't a full moon.
    • The Persians, who had many more soldiers, were beaten by Athens because the Athenians were better soldiers and were fighting for their homes.
  • I read chapter 25 of Child's History (Fighting Mad)
    • King Darius prepared to fight Greece again, but died.
    • His son was Xerxes
    • Themistocles wanted Athens to build a fleet of ships, which they did
    • Xerxes and his army marched to Greece, but had to cross a straight (look at it on your globe or map)
    • They built a bridge across the water with boats fastened together and a floor built on the boats.
  • We worked on our time line.

No comments:

Post a Comment