OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Monday, October 17

Even Safer than a Harvest Festival

We don't observe halloween or participate in our church's Harvest Festival. At our house October 31 is Book Report Day. At the beginning of October K. picks her favorite book (that we have read as a family this year) and we start preparing costumes, food ideas, decorations, etc. from the book.

This year K. chose Charlotte's Web. She dressed up like Fern and Papa was Mr. Zuckerman. Since I brought the bucket of slop to the table, I was Lurvy. I requested the movie Charlotte's Web (1973 movie) from the library for us to watch. Here are pictures:

 Here is Charlotte's Web. I made the web of white yarn, cut the letters out of white paper and glued glitter on it (to look like morning dew). The orange in the middle is the spider.

 Here is our sheep,

 and the goose,

 and Templeton.

 Here you can see the fence we made.

 Charlotte was made out of a gallon milk carton. We stuffed red tissue paper inside to give him a pink look. His ears, eyes, and nose were cut out of construction paper. His legs were cut from an egg carton.

 Here is our table, set for dinner.

A close-up of a pig trough.

The bucket of slop. Dinner was really quite good. It was mashed potatoes (I scrubbed the potatoes, then peeled them, so I could include the peeled skins in the food.) rice, taco flavored ground meat, peas and carrots, and cheese. We had more slop for dessert. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate bar, broken graham crackers, peanuts, chopped Oreo cookies, and raisins stirred in and re-frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment