OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, October 15

Kindergarten, History, Week 37

  • Looked at pages 88 and 89 of Ancient World
  • Made Roman Coins from Crafts from the Past: The Romans by Gillian Chapman
    • Roll out a piece of modeling clay until it is smooth and flat, but it needs to be thick.
    • Cut a strip of manila folder or card stock, about 1 inch wide; form it into a circle the size you want the coin(s) to be and staple it.
    • Push the circle into the clay, keeping the circular shape.
    • You can draw patterns or designs in the clay.
    • For younger children, I found it better to take a small toy and press it part way into the clay, and then remove it, leaving the shape in the clay.
    • Mix up plaster of paris. If found that two 6 oz yogurt containers of dry plaster and 1 container of cold water makes enough plaster for 7 coins of 2-inch diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
    • Pour the plaster into your molds.
    • Let them dry.
    • Remove from molds.
    • Paint your coins.
  • Read Barbarians! by Steven Kroll
    • The Goths
    • The Huns

No comments:

Post a Comment