OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, October 15

Kindergarten, Math, Week 37

Monday
  • Fractions: Equal Parts
    • Used stuffed animals and a set of 24 pieces of pasta
    • I put out 2 animals and had K. divide the pasta equally, then count and see how many each animal had.
    • Then I put out 3 animals and had K. divide the pasta equally, and count how many were in each set.
    • Then I put out 4 animals, etc.
    • Then I put out 6 animals, etc.
    • We learned that the more you have to divide something in, the smaller each set is.
    • A good book for this concept is The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins



Tuesday
  • Calculator: What digital numbers look like
    • I made a paper calculator and a strip of paper with the markings of calculator numbers
    • Then I wrote a number and K. used a marker to trace how that number would look on a calculator.
    • She got frustrated about half way through, so we took a break and read for a bit.
Wednesday
  • Fractions: Halves of a Set
    • We went into K.'s room and I put out sets of blocks, animals, etc.
    • K. separated them into equal halves
    • We learned that when you make a half there are two parts and each is equal
Thursday
  • Game: Races, see Math, Weeks 25, 26, and 27 for instructions (addition)
Friday
  • Problem Solving: Graphs
    • I printed a picture of candies from the internet.
    • K. counted how many there were of each color and made a bar graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment