OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, January 28

First Grade, Bible, Set One

  • This year I am using our song as our "Call to Schooling". I start it playing (sorta loud) and K. comes running, ready to start singing.
  • We did Way #3 from Our 24 Family Ways. One day we talked about what honoring was, and that a person could obey without honoring. Then next day there was something going on and K. said to me, "I'm obeying but I'm not honoring." This has really opened up some discussions for us.
  • The week we read Genesis 1 - 7, I gave K. a coloring page that related to each day's reading because she tends to listen better if her hands are busy. And no, we aren't skipping the genealogies.
  • When we read the first chapter of Being a Good Friend, I had K. draw a picture of her family. When we read the second chapter, I had her draw a picture of her friends as a gift. We read each chapter twice. The first day we read chapter 2 was a Park Day, so we were able to talk about how she could treat the friends she would see that day as gifts from God.
  • I have put last year's catechism on a 1-inch book ring so they are easy to go through and review. We review them once a week.
  • We are really enjoying the YWAM biographies. I've broken each book into three sections, so we just read a few pages three days a week.
  • The Creative Focus in Life Lessons was drawing a treasure chest and then drawing yourself or your name in the chest because "I am God's treasured possession".
  • Now that we have completed learning Psalm 1, K. can earn 50¢ during our "break week" by reciting it without any helps or mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment