- K. enjoyed writing a letter to me about her favorite color.
- Since K. spelled the words correctly on the first day I introduced them, we did our pre-test orally.
- I really like BJU's spelling courses because they don't ask the children just to memorize spelling lists. Never do they suggest the children write the words out a bunch of times, and spelling generalizations (rules that don't always hold true) are taught and reinforced with each lesson.
- K. really is enjoying the letter writing part of our lessons. This is an example of a letter writing lesson:
- On a sticky note I wrote: Winter is almost over, plants are starting to grow. Tell about some plants you have seen waking up from their winter sleep.
- On one of her writing papers I wrote (in marker):
- On the first line "Dear"
- On the second line "I saw"
- On the last line "Love,"
- K. completes the letter. Here is how it ended up:
I saw a fig tree in the back yard. Your bush is making lots of flowers. Hope you are enjoying God's good life.