OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Sunday, April 15

Evaluation of Set Two

  • Bible -- everything is checked off, but more importantly, K. is learning her verses, we are praying, and learning about living in such a way that we are a joy to God.
  • Writing -- K. continues to show bit of improvement with her drawings. I am making her fix capitalization errors in her handwriting exercises since we have learned some capitalization rules.
  • Spelling -- there have been few words in the lessons that K. hasn't already known how to spell. She seems to enjoy the challenge of leaning to spell the two additional words, and has learned each very well.
  • Grammar -- K. can fix the capitalization mistakes on worksheets, but forgets about them when she is writing, so we are working on that. She really understands the "commas in a series", and will show me examples she finds when she is reading.
  • Reading -- we have assigned Mondays as "Silent Reading Day". This helps me to know that she understands what she is reading, since we don't talk about the story as she reads it, but I ask her a lot of questions when she is done.
  • Math -- K. has gotten very good on the addition facts up to 6 + 6. She enjoys doing the triangles, and can do them quite quickly, but every once in a while her mind wanders. I'll wait a bit and if she doesn't give the answer I just say her name to bring her back.
  • History -- K. enjoys listening to me read. She also likes to act out some of the stories. Every so often when we are talking she will say something that lets me know she really is paying attention. Sometimes she will play while I read, and sometimes she will sit by me. She has even caught a mistake I made: I said "places" instead of "palaces".
  • Science -- K. really enjoyed learning about the ocean. The Magic School Bus books were a great way to learn more. We did so much reading that in the last couple weeks we didn't do much in her notebook, but we did get 10 animals and the food chain done.
  • Fine Arts -- K. enjoyed listening to Mozart's music. I didn't try to read so many books about the composer this time. Just one biography and one story book. I was glad to find a cd that she enjoyed listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment