- I found a couple good FREE websites with printable activities for leaning Location Words (prepositions). Busy Teacher and Free Language Stuff
- Where Is Mortimer? by Karen Bryant-Mole
- If you were a Preposition by Nancy Loewen -- I only read through page 11, because after that it starts teaching about prepositional phases and we aren't that advanced yet.
- Snail Trail by Ruth Brown
- Under, Over, by the Clover: What is a Preposition? by Brian Cleary
|With this game you make up a sentence (with a location word) |
about the picture when you land on the square.
Example: The monkey is between the trees.
- I am using short stories to teach how to Skim and Scan a story. When you skim, you look for the general idea of the story. When you scan, you are looking for specific information.
- To review Action Words, Naming Words, and Describing Words, I am making my own Mad Libs from stories in a 1960 Reader called Merry-Go-Round. I choose words to leave blank and ask K. for an action, naming, or describing word. When we are through, we read the story and laugh at the silliness of it. I print out two of each story, so K. can go back and write a sensible story, too.
- I added in our Review Game this week.