After reading chapter 51:
- Knights and Castles by Will Osborne -- the is the research guide to the fiction book The Knight at Dawn (which isn't worth reading, in my opinion).
- The Medieval World by Philip Steele -- full of illustrations, text in a large font to read to younger children, lots more information in a small font for children that are older
- A Knight's City by Philip Steele -- a fun book with pop-ups, which give a interactive tour of life in a medieval city. Here is a picture of one pop-up.
- Illuminations by Jonathan Hunt -- we mostly looked at the pictures
- How to be a Medieval Knight by Fiona Macdonald
- The Middle Ages by Sarah Howarth
- The Days of Knights and Castles by Pierre Miquel
- Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray -- about a boy (Adam) that gets separated from his father in 1294 and Adam's travels and (mis)adventures to find his father