OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, June 9

First Grade, Writing, Set Four

In addition to Draw Write Now,
  • I'm a Quiet Mouse (Games for Writing pg 150) -- after working with similes in the last set of weeks, this was fun to play, but I would suggest changing the metaphors to similes.
  • Three Sentence Challenge (Games for Writing pg 146) -- K. really enjoyed this and we completed all the sets of words given in the book before she wanted to stop.
  • Writing to Form (Games for Writing pg 139) -- we came out with very different stories, and it was a lot of fun to read them to each other.
  • How Many Words (Games for Writing  pg 127) -- this is another game that K. and I really enjoy and she usually wants to play longer than I had planned (like that's a bad thing!)
  • She is so . . . (Games for Writing pg 121) -- we did "She is so fast" this time. We had "her" running right out of her shoes, blowing the roofs off of houses, and stopping the earth spinning.
  • Writing to Form (Games for Writing pg 139) -- I used the story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Next time I won't do something that is so long.
  • I printed a couple sheets of paper with pictures from our camping trip (and lines for writing). She is writing a few sentences each day about the trip. Then we will put them in a folder.
  • K. wrote about five sentences each day this week to complete her journal about our camping trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment