OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, September 8

First Grade, Bible, Set Six

  • We have started memorizing 1 Corinthians 13 (which is different from my original plan, but I think a better choice). We will memorize verses 1 - 8a, and 13.
  • We have memorized quite a few verses and passages of scripture and I like for K. and myself to review them regularly, but with the volume, it is becoming burdensome. I am trying to figure out a way to review, but have fun too.
    • We made a holder that has two pockets -- two envelopes glued back to back. We each decorated one side. Then we wrote the references on pieces of pretty paper and stuck them in side one. Each time we get in the car we will pick a paper and recite that passage of scripture. Then we put the reference in side two of the packet. That should have us reviewing three or four passages a week.



  • Our hymn this set is What a Friend we Have in Jesus. It is calmer than the other hymns we have sung and I was wondering if K. would like it. The accompaniment is beautiful and she really likes it.
  • We started reading Joel: A Boy of Galilee this week. It is very interesting and a couple times I've read past "Bible Time" and into "Math Time".
  • Now that we have been using the above method to review our Bible verses for a few weeks, I can tell you that it is working very well. In fact, K. will remind me when we get in the car that she is supposed to pick a paper for our review.

No comments:

Post a Comment