OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Sunday, March 24

Evaluation of Second Grade, Set One

  • Bible -- K. did very well memorizing the Ten Commandments. A funny thing is that the children were memorizing them in Sunday School at the same time. She is enjoying singing the hymns and listening to the books. Our study on wisdom is going much better than I expected.
  • Math -- K. is doing well with her math facts. We are having fun learning with games and activities.
  • Grammar -- I am pleased with K.'s grasp of the concepts. She seems to really remember them.
  • Spelling -- so far this is a really easy subject for K. Because she has been writing on her own for a few years, she has learned how to spell most of the words in her spelling lessons.
  • Reading -- We really enjoyed the book. It was a good introduction for our history studies this year. The comprehension activities were a lot of fun.
  • Writing -- I'm not sure we will be using The Magic Pencil very much. She does not seem excited about the projects. We still enjoy the activities in Games for Writing.
  • History -- sometimes I'm not sure if K. is paying attention to what I'm reading to her, but when I ask her questions, she can talk about the events of the book with me.
  • Science -- experiments are a big hit. This is going to be a fun year!
  • Fine Arts -- we got off to a good start with three aspects: sewing, crocheting, and piano. The museum we visited was a big disappointment, so I have requested some books from the library to use and we are keeping our eyes open when we go other places. For instance, there were some paintings on display at the library, so we were able to talk about which was a still life and which was a landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment