OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Friday, February 28

Third Grade, Bible, Set One

  • Hymns
    • Can a Little Child Like Me?
    • There Shall Be Showers of Blessing
    • I Will Serve Thee
    • All Things Bright and Beautiful
    • Jesus is Coming Again
  • Bible Memory
    • Romans 12:9 - 13
      • I cut large heart shapes out of scrapbooking paper, and white paper (a little smaller heart) and glued them together.
      • By drawing lines on the white paper, K. can write the verse we are working on each week.
      • I have written out each verse on 1/2" tall strips of cardstock, then I cut the strips up so each has two - four words on it. On Fridays we put these word strips in order. (Verse Strips)
  • Hearing God's Voice
    • Proverbs 1 - 16 -- we were supposed get up through chapter 25, but there were some days when we had discussions that were too important to just stop and do what was on the schedule, just so I could mark it off.
      • We take turns reading the verses aloud, sometimes I will stop and explain a verse or ask K. what she thinks it means.
      • Then we each write in our notebook
        • The Big Idea (from the chapter)
        • A Verse
        • God wants me to be (complete sentence)
        • I can do that today by (complete sentence)
  • Memory Verse Review
    • Each week we are pulling out the word strips from a passage we previously memorized and putting them in order.
  • Catechism
    • Each week we review some catechism that we previously memorized.
    • We learned Catechisms #29 - 31 during this set
  • Prayer
    • This year we are using the book, Window on the World to pray for the peoples of the world. The book tells about the people, where the live, how they live, and tells things to thank God for and to ask God for.
    • We are also keeping a prayer journal. I want K. to be able to see God answering prayer, so we have been praying for rain (this is the dryest winter in a very long time). We have had a few showers, but right now we are having a wonderful storm!
  • Bible Reading
    • I remembered that we had a chronological Bible, so I got that out (after searching high and low for it, then my husband found it on my closet shelf) this year. We started up at the ordination of the Priests. It seemed about the right place to start since we read Genesis in first grade and Exodus in second grade. However, K. wants to hear stories, so we may go back to her Bible and start reading in Joshua.
  • The Princess and the Kiss
    • We were ready for lesson 16 in the Life Lessons book. It was about being the right person -- whether you marry or not, the most important thing is to become everything God wants you to be and live a life that pleases Him.
  • Read-Aloud
    • We read The Hidden Jewel by Dave and Neta Jackson. This book is about Amy Carmichael and is the last of our Trailblazer Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment