- On the first day, I give the pretest. If she spells all the words correctly, and I believe she really knows how to spell them, the only other thing we do is the work page, which reinforces the spelling generalization (such as: the 'ch' sound after a consonant is spelled ch, but after a short vowel it is spelled tch; examples: stitch and branch)
- We are working more on the Climbers, words that she uses when she writes, but misspells -- such as spaghetti, orchestra, or curious. I am trying to think up activities to do that will reinforce the spelling.
- For spaghetti, we wrote the word using yarn, then I had K. draw a plate of spaghetti and hide the letters in the drawn noodles for me to find.
- For orchestra and curious, I wrote the word and then incorporated each letter into an image and had K. find the letters.
- For sketch, I drew (sketched) a picture and hid the letters in the drawing.
Friday, February 28
Third Grade, Spelling, Set One
We are completing one unit in the BJU Spelling Book each week, however, I am making changes to better meet K.'s needs.