OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, May 14

Kindergarten, Math, Week 15

Monday we worked with Weight - More/Less
  • We got the More/Less Spinner again.
  • K. spun. If it landed on "Less" then we would each go to our rooms and find something that weighed less. The person who brought the item that weighed the least won.
  • If the spinner landed on "More" then the winner was the person who brought the heaviest item.
Here the spinner was on "Less". I brought the scissors and K. brought the Tinkertoy contraption.

Tuesday we counted by 5s.
  • We went outside and looked at some flowers that had 5 petals, so we counted how many petals were on a plant.
  • Most stems on a rose bush have 5 leaves, so we counted the leaves on the rose bushes.
Wednesday we worked with Capacity - Cup/Quart/Gallon
  • I got out the liquid measuring containers for 1 cup and 1 quart, and an empty milk container (gallon).
  • I poured water into the 1 cup container and K. told me when it was at the 1 cup line.
  • Then she poured it into the 1 quart container.
  • When the quart container was full she poured it into the gallon container (with the help of a funnel).
  • We kept a chart of how many cups and quarts it took to fill the gallon container.
Thursday K. wrote the numbers 21 through 40.

Friday played with Number Theory again.
  • I got out the number line and we did
    • first
    • last
    • next
    • before
    • after
    • between

No comments:

Post a Comment