OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Sunday, September 1

Evaluation of Second Grade, Set Five

  • Bible -- K. is doing well with her memorization and comprehension of our discussions.
  • Math -- K. remembers more and is better at the things we are studying each time we "visit" them.
  • Reading -- because K. reads on her own, enjoys reading, and reads well, I try to keep reading a fun time, concentrating more on comprehension and pronunciation than reading.
  • Grammar -- we are finishing the book report and report on penguins during our weeks between set five and set six.
  • Fine Arts -- K. is enjoying the art projects. We did the Paint to Music one during our weeks off. She is also becoming more interested in playing the piano.
  • Writing -- K. enjoyed the writing projects we did in this set. She really likes it when we write stories together.
  • Spelling -- her overall spelling is becoming better, and she seems to be more aware that words should be spelled correctly -- she is asking more often how to spell words she doesn't know how to spell.
  • Science -- I think my attempt to keep the experiments fun in this set was successful. She does say she is tired of experiments, and wants to learn about animals again, but she enjoys the experiments, too. (Lesson for me: Don't plan a whole year of one type of science.)
  • History -- we are getting into a time period where there are more books written for K.'s age and comprehension, so it is easier. We borrowed the movie, Felicity: An American Girl Adventure and watched it. Then I showed her the series of books. She is quite excited to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment