OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, September 28

Second Grade, Writing, Set Six

  • Forbidden Letters; the letter was H this time. It was on the "less easy letter" list, but it is a really hard letter to not use. You can't even use the word 'the'. 'H' is really pretty popular. After a few sentences we were frustrated and stopped. (Games for Writing)
  • Welcoming Words; K. made a sign to welcome her friends to our End of Summer Party. (Writing Hangups)
  • That's Good / That's Bad; we take turns writing a story where each sentence is followed by either "That's good." or "That's bad." (Games for Writing)
  • I created a monster this week! Rules and Regulations was the writing assignment, so I had K. write rules for the bathroom. She came up with about ten. Some were funny, such as: No throwing flies in the toilet. But then she decided to add fines to each rule, and now she is making rules for other rooms. (Writing Hangups)
  • We wrote a poem using Rhyme Time. I had written out six words, and had K. pick two. These were the words that had to rhyme in our poem. We took turns writing two or three lines at a time.

Cursive Writing Made Easy and Fun:
  • Riding the Cursive Wave; Write a word in cursive. Then imagine you set it down on water. If it was floating or starting to sink, where would the water go? Color in the "bottoms" of some words.
  • Cursive Concentration; a game where the manuscript and the cursive forms of a letter are the matches

No comments:

Post a Comment