OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, April 2

Kindergarten, Writing, Week 10

We worked on numbers 6 and 7 this week.

For Small Muscle Development:
  • Tuesday we did a Three Color Road Race
    • I make two roads on a sheet of paper with black marker. Then I place another paper over it and trace the road, so both K. and I have identical pages.
    • We each pick three colored pencils.
    • I say "Go" and we follow the first road with all three colored pencils. You have to stay inside the 'road'. If you go out, you have to start over with that color of pencil.
    • The first person to finish wins. It is fun to have a bell the first person can ring when they finish.
    • Then do the same with the second 'road'.
  • Friday K. cut on lines.
    • I drew 5 different lines (squiggly, straight, jagged, etc.) with colored marker and cut them apart so each was on a different piece of paper.
    • K. cut on the lines.
For Writing Development:
  • Wednesday we did 'Write It For Me' from Games for Writing.
    • I start with an interesting picture. This one was of some children having an egg hunt.
    • I get lined paper and a pencil.
    • K. looks at the picture and tells me a story about it and I write the story down, not changing anything.
    • When she is done, I take a piece of construction paper, fold it in half, and glue the picture on one side, staple the story on the other, and write the title and author on the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment