OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Thursday, May 21

His Timing and His Way - April, 2014

Some weeks ago I needed a size G crochet hook. I had smaller hooks and lots of larger ones, but no "G". I looked at Walmart. They were out of G's. On Saturday we went to Jo-Ann's. They were having a sale, and seriously, they only had a few wooden hooks left! Is a size G hook really so popular? God, couldn't You just have one that fell on the floor that I could find?

Sunday, after church, we were going to try another Jo-Ann store. On my way to Sunday School, I saw that my secret sister had left a beautiful box for me. Before class started I opened the box. It was full of embroidery thread, but I heard something jingling, so I dug to the bottom and there were three crochet hooks -- YES! one was a size G. I shared my story with friends and we all marveled and praised God!

Ladies, many times in your homeschool, you are going to feel discouraged. You try this or that and it seems that nothing works, and you just want to cry out and say, "God, give me the answer! You wrote on the wall for Belshazzar, couldn't you do that for me?"

I want to encourage you to wait on God. Hope in the Lord. Look ahead with eager anticipation, knowing that God will do something good. Pray, obey, and trust God. He knows where the "crochet hook" is and He will give it to you in His timing and in His way and then we will all marvel and praise God with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment