OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, March 5

Kindergarten, Math, Week 5

Monday and Tuesday we worked more with Time.
  • I set the clock to an hour (2:00) and asked K. what time it showed. I did this about 5 times.
  • Then I let her set the clock to an hour and I told her what time it showed.
  • Next I put the clock at 4:00. K told me the time.
  • Then I moved the minute hand one mark. "The time is four-o-one. That means one minute past 4:00." I wrote 4:01 as it looks on a digital clock.
  • I moved the minute had one more mark. "What time is it?" "four-o-two" "What does it mean?" She couldn't tell me. "Two minutes past 4:00." I wrote 4:02.
  • We continued this, one minute at a time to 4:07. K. was starting to get tired of it, so I put 4 marks on the paper and said, "We are going to do 4 more, and then we are through."
  • I moved the hands to 4:15, asked my 2 questions and wrote 4:15, and crossed off one mark.
  • Using the same process I did 4:30, 4:45, and 5:00.
Wednesday we visited Symmetry again.
  • I got out a mirror and we saw how the mirror makes pictures symmetrical (integrating science).
  • Then I got out the sheet of paper that has a dowel down the middle. I made a design on one side, K. made the symmetrical design on the other side. Then we switched.
  • Sometimes she would start to make the design look exactly like mine instead of symmetrical. I pulled out the mirror and held it up so she could see what it should look like.
Thursday we played Solid Shapes Bingo.

Friday we worked with Ordinals and Time.
  • First we get up
  • Second we get dressed
  • Third we have breakfast
  • Fourth . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment