OLD HOMESCHOOLERS NEVER DIE . . . THEY JUST WRITE CURRICULUM


"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."

Deuteronomy 32:2

Courses of Study

To view the Course of Study for each grade level, you can click on the "Course of Study" label
or "Search This Blog" for the specific grade level you wish to see.
To date, I have courses of study completed for kindergarten through fourth grades.

Newsletter Articles

In 2013 the Lord started me producing a newsletter for the homeschool group we are a part of. Every other month I write an article on a topic the Lord has put on my heart. I've decided to add these articles to this blog. I hope you will find encouragement through some of my ramblings. You can click on the label "Newsletter" to find the articles.

Saturday, April 2

Kindergarten, Bible, Week 10

This week we:
  • Memorized Psalm 139:9
  • Learned Catechism #5 "Has God ever had a beginning? No, God has always been." The corresponding verses are Psalms 90:2; 93:2; Revelation 4:8
  • Read stories 32 - 35 in My Picture Story Bible
  • Other books and stories we read:
    • The Princess and the Kiss
    • Who Holds the Brush
    • Because I Love You
    • You are Special
    • Sylvester the Three-spined Stickleback
    • Muffy and the Mystery of the Stolen Eggs
  • Watch the video of Sylvester the Three-Spined Stickleback
  • On April 1st I started reading God and a Boy Named Joe by Ethel Barrett. We'll read one chapter a day and finish right before Easter. I grew up listening to the recording of it, but a few years ago found the book at a used book store. It takes place in Jerusalem, starting the week before the crucifixion. I'm planning on this book being an Easter tradition at our house.
  • We prayed each day. One of our prayer requests has been that we would be able to get our oven fixed. When God answered that prayer K. ran and got our book and wrote YES! by that request.

No comments:

Post a Comment